So after my last post (the cookie dough cupcakes with Nutella frosting) I had this half bottle of Nutella left in my house. Just lying around ... looking delicious ... staring at me ... day ... after day. I couldn't handle it anymore! I have ZERO self control when it comes to Nutella. I can eat the stuff with a spoon.
I knew I had to use the rest of the stuff before I grabbed said spoon and went at it. This is what I came up with, and let me tell ya, it's delicious! Sweet, crumbly goodness. You could even push it over the edge with a drizzle of chocolate or even more Nutella. The hazelnuts make it taste even more like Nutella. Love.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup roasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
adapted from foodnetwork.com
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F
- In a side bowl whisk together the flour and baking powder
- In the bowl of your stand mixer, with the paddle attachment, cream together your butter, sugar, and Nutella on medium speed
- Crack your eggs into a separate bowl or glass and add your eggs, salt, and vanilla. Then add eggs one at a time to your butter/sugar mixture. Make sure to scrape down the bowl between each egg
- Add your flour and baking powder and mix on low until combined (about 30 seconds) don't over mix
- Add the chocolate chips and hazelnuts and mix on low until combined
- Take out a baking sheet and line it with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat if you have one . Put the dough on the baking sheet and shape it into a long log. You're going to be cutting it into strips, so just make this log the size you want your biscotti to be.
- Bake for about 30 minutes until the edges are browned and the middle doesn't feel too soft
- Take it out and let it cool for about 20 minutes (don't turn off the oven)
- Cut the loaf into 1-2 inch strips and place them (cut side down) back on the baking sheet
- Bake again for about 15-18 minutes until lightly browned and no longer soft in the middle